Building a perfect landing page is a complex task. It’s a wonderful moment when you finally unveil that brand new site to the world.
However, you can have a beautifully designed website and it will count for nothing if it doesn’t drive business and conversions. According to SEO company Ranktracker, the average conversion rate across all sites is 2.35%. This rises to 11% for the highest-performing sites.
Feedback, contact, or enquiry forms are a vital tool to drive conversions and supply leads for any online business. Those newsletter subscribers become identifiable individuals you can track and target. Ranktracker also report that multi-page forms convert 13.85% of site visitors!
This is a statistic business can’t afford to ignore. Providing a direct means of communication with a company opens a two-way channel. For the customer it provides a method of clarifying their needs. For the business it adds another contact to that vital CRM database.
Here we’ll look at the typical Headlessforms customer, what they are looking for and why having a well-designed form builder in their arsenal supplies a vital secret weapon.
Who needs forms anyway?
Who needs to use online forms? What sorts of problems are innovations like our easy, intuitive form solution supposed to solve?
Here are some of the businesses and individuals typically using form build tools:
- Ecommerce Businesses – for dealing with order specifics, customer queries, special requests and more, online forms are an essential tool.
- SaaS companies – since their product is primarily an online one, it makes sense for support queries, upgrades, subscription questions, and more, to be handled via interactive forms.
- Marketers – rather than resort to complex online surveys, which many customers choose to skip, savvy marketers can embed short feedback forms into websites to elicit high volume responses. A high return rate can be achieved by tying completion to the release of discount codes or special offers.
- Tech Support Teams – online forms are a great way to systematize support ticketing, so that customers have their enquiries handled in the order they are received, and support personnel receive exactly the information they need.
- Sales Managers – initial enquiries can be turned into qualified leads with the right combination of questions and answers. Sales managers can analyze responses and divide potential leads into differentiated batches to hand out to sales teams.
- Product Developers – looking for feedback on a new release or product line? By embedding a simple form, including incentives for completion, R&D departments can get near-instant feedback on their products, allowing them to address bugs and glitches ASAP.
- Content Creators – what better way of receiving instant feedback on your content than by embedding a feedback or enquiry form? Creators can build a following, or land that lucrative sponsorship deal by demonstrating a dedicated audience of paid subscribers.
These are just a few of the popular uses for online forms. There are numerous other possibilities, and probably many we haven’t even considered yet. But to make any of the above work, you need a straightforward, high-performing form building tool. And that’s where the problems start.
What’s wrong with many form builders?
Creating forms using HTML alone is difficult at best, and unworkable at worst. Added to this, you’ll need somewhere to collate and store form responses and provide ready access to them. Given these challenges, it’s no surprise that many SaaS providers have created form building software to address these problems.
However, there are several issues with many of the existing form builder solutions. Here are just a few of them:
- Expense: You don’t necessarily know how many respondents you’ll have per month or quarter. You may also be uncertain how often you’ll need to build a new form. This creates a problem when trying to estimate how much you should pay for storage and subscription access. At Headlessforms, we offer very transparent pricing, and very competitive rates too. Our highest standard pricing tier gives you 50 users, 50 team members and up to 30,000 submissions per month for just $79 monthly.
- Complexity: Many form builders offer a host of features which, let’s face it, you’ll never use. Effectively you’ve bought a survey creation tool or web design software and are paying premium prices for it. Perhaps all you need is a simple form builder and back-end to access responses. Overly complex tools aren’t fit for purpose if your needs are relatively straightforward.
- Difficulty: Ideally you want to be up and running in minutes, not weeks. For hassle-free form creation, you’ll want a tool that’s intuitive and easy to use. This will allow you to be responsive to industry trends and create simple forms which can be implemented within an hour or two. Some online form platforms can take weeks to master.
- Speed: Code-heavy solutions can slow down a site. Badly designed tools can take too long to deliver elements from the cloud. Headlessforms requires you simply to add a short piece of code to your site and our convenient back end does the rest.
- Integration: Since you’re accessing a lot of potentially valuable information, you want to easily integrate it into your CRM database, trigger a Zapier workflow or send a custom auto-response. Some tools prove easier to integrate than others, so it’s vital to choose one that works with your existing IT stack.
If you’re looking for a viable solution to the above problems and restrictions, two significant questions remain: why now and why choose our solution? Let’s consider the first of those questions.
Why invest in a form building tool today?
There has never been a better time to canvass customer opinion, whether you’re checking customer satisfaction levels, testing a new product line, or developing a service. Customers expect and want to have a hand in improving the products they use in the 21st century.
Let’s take customer service to begin with. It’s perhaps the most important factor in building brand loyalty. Here are some impressive statistics:
- 93% of customers do repeat business with companies who have provided great customer service already. [source: Hubspot]
- 89% of consumers go on to make additional purchases with companies who have delivered excellent service. [source: Salesforce]
- 83% of customers’ attitudes improve towards companies that resolve their difficulties. [source: Khoros]
Since one of the key elements of good customer service is offering a portal for comments, complaints, or support tickets, you can make a huge difference by improving your online contact forms.
By late 2019, Ross Freedman was writing in Forbes Magazine: “The most successful companies right now are those that have figured out how to re-imagine every touchpoint a consumer has with their brand, delivering an experience-based, emotional connection.”
Forms are a major part of that building that relationship. They are the method customers use if they don’t want to talk to you on the phone, or only have a few moments to fire off an email whilst commuting to work. Such fleeting contacts can be vital.
Now is a better time than ever before to solicit the truth from your customers and shape better products and services. Those innocuous looking forms go a long way towards meeting that end.
There has never been a better time to invest in an intuitive yet powerful form solution. Now let’s tell you why we created Headlessforms to address companies’ need for better connection and communication.
Headlessforms – the Perfect Solution
Given the pitfalls, many WordPress site creators are turning to Headlessforms to build forms which integrate with their existing workflow without compromising speed or design. Our form builder doesn’t cost the earth to run or take weeks to master. It delivers exactly what you need from a form builder, without extraneous extras you’ll never need.
That’s because we looked carefully at our competitors and were determined to do things differently. We wanted to empower our users to create their own online forms which deliver richly informative data, which is instantly accessible and sharable across large teams.
To recap, here are just a few of the features we created with the above in mind:
- Simple plug and play integration.
- Instant responsiveness with no visible effect on page loading speed.
- Drag and drop functionality for our form builder.
- A range of question types and inputs, which are automatically validated.
- Results automatically filtered and stored in Excel documents.
- De-duping and anti-fraud measures to reassure users.
- Mandatory questions with validated answer lengths and formats.
- The ability to save drafts for review and later publishing.
- Intuitive and popular answer formats (radio buttons, dropdowns, checklists)
- Notifications when responses are received.
- Easy integration with other systems and tools.
- Easy WordPress compatibility, with usability on other design platforms too.
- Real-time preview of individual questions and the entire form.
Plus much more that we can list here. Given that we believe in creating meaningful forms, here’s our own for comments and queries. Let us know how you think we can improve our product or sign up to our newsletter for future updates and articles.
Online forms are here to stay, because users demand them. Headlessforms believe they provide limitless opportunities too. Check out some of our other blog articles to find out more.